Moving From Theory to Action: Curious vs. Convinced
To support you in deepening your curiosity with those who hold different views from you, I offer some questions reprinted with permission by my friend and colleague, Howard Ross. These come from his company’s resource guide: Inclusive Responses in Times of Fear. See this and other resources on cookross.com.
1. How do you feel about people who think differently than you about this?
2. What are you afraid of? What is more inspiring to you than fear?
3. How can you engage in these conversations authentically and whole-heartedly? What might get in the way?
4. What are you committed to? How do you see your role/contribution in any conversations or actions?
5. What is your desired outcome for these conversations?